As Teen Vogue’s super savvy Beauty Director — and social media maven! — Eva Chen can’t wait to get her hands on the newest amazing product — especially when she’s planning her look for New York Fashion Week. Here, she works with her friend, the brilliant makeup artist Daniel Martin to achieve her personal best look.
“I always love when I see the runway look and want to play with it for myself. I’m really inspired now to pick up my own brow pencil. It’s going to be such a great look for fall.”
3.1 Phillip Lim sweater and Jennifer Behr studded headband.
“Practice makes perfect with a liner. It’s nice to have someone to apply it for you but remember — it doesn’t have to be perfect the first time you apply it yourself. Don’t be afraid to go back and clean it up afterwards.”
Peter Pilotto dress, Christian Louboutin shoes and Jennifer Behr headband.
“I have a collection of red lipstick at home but never had the confidence to wear it — until now! There are so many different reds out there but there really is a red for every skin tone. Red lip pencil works as a great primer and helps the lipstick stay on longer.”
Need failsafe beauty advice? Here are Eva’s 10 cardinal beauty rules of primping, prepping and protecting!
(2) A great oil can add extra moisture to even oily skin, especially in the winter. Try Clarins.
(3) Apply eye cream everyday. Eva uses Clinique’s Even Better Eyes to brighten and take away dark circles.
(4) Use a lip brush and don’t be afraid to reapply throughout the day.
(5) Reduce sodium in your diet for overall health, but also less puffiness.
(6) See an allergist — they can help you get down to what is causing skin issues.
(7) Use sunscreen everyday — and don’t forget to apply it to your neck and back of your hands.
(8) Wear sunglasses — you’ll look cool and benefit from the UV protection around the eye.
(9) Be nice to your hair — if you are going to blow dry, make sure to use a heat protectant spray.
(10) Invest in a lash curler — I will never find one I love as much as the one by Shu Uemura.
What are your favorite beauty tips! Tell us in the comments below!